Fischell Institute Accepting Pilot Research Award Applications
Children’s National Health System and the University of Maryland have a longstanding research collaboration. To catalyze new ideas and partnerships while supporting previous projects that are ripe for commercialization, we are pleased to announce the Summer 2019 Pilot Research Awards program.
The awards will be for pilot projects and new partnerships that will provide preliminary data for follow-on NIH proposal submissions in 2020. Awards for ongoing projects will be focused on product commercialization. The maximum amount that can be requested is $25,000. The awards are intended to support collaborations between the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation at Children’s and the Robert E. Fischell Institute for Biomedical Devices at the University of Maryland.
- The awards are primarily intended for new partnerships
- Ongoing projects must demonstrate serious intent for commercialization
- A partnership is at least one faculty member from UMD and one from Children’s
- Any planned human subjects or animal research must have approvals in place at the time of the application
- Please visit this website to submit your proposal
- Proposals are due August 1, 2019
- The proposal should be formatted as a single PDF document with the following items:
- Research plan: no more than three (3) pages in length
- Specific Aims
- Future directions (how this will lead to a follow-on proposal)
- Budget and justification: using PHS 398 Form Page 4
- NIH biosketches for key personnel
Published July 10, 2019